Non Destructive Testing
Importance of NDT
• Non-destructive testing (NDT) is the process of inspecting, testing, or evaluating materials, components or assemblies for discontinuities, or differences in characteristics without destroying the serviceability of the part or system. In other words, when the inspection or test is completed the part can still be used.
• Today, modern non-destructive tests are used in manufacturing, fabrication and in-service inspections to ensure product integrity and reliability to control manufacturing processes, lower production costs and to maintain a uniform quality level. During construction, NDT is used to ensure the quality of materials and joining processes during the fabrication and erection phases, and in-service NDT inspections are used to ensure that the products in use continue to have the integrity necessary to ensure their usefulness and the safety of the public.
• To provide training, certification and services to gain experience with understanding the types, advantage and applications of a variety of NDT methods. Which is desirable for the superlative NDT method for a given part.
List of Equipments/ Instruments
• Dye Penetrant Testing (DPT): Used to locate surface-breaking defects in all non-porous materials like metals, plastics and ceramics.
• Magnetic Particle Testing (MPT): Process for detecting surface and slightly subsurface discontinuities in ferromagnetic materials such as iron, nickel, cobalt and some of their alloys.
• Ultrasonic Testing (UT):Uses high frequency sound energy to conduct examinations and make measurements. Used for flaw detection/ evaluation, dimensional measurements, material characterization and more.
• Radiographic Testing (RT): Used extensively on castings and weldments. Radiography is well suited to the testing of semiconductor devices for cracks, broken wires, unsoldered connections, foreign material and misplaced components.
Types of Facility Provided
• All the four NDT courses are organized and conducted seamlessly without break for the convenience of participants from all over India and abroad.
• One of the best institutes in Gujarat providing excellent interactive training sessions.
• Practical training on latest state of art equipments and eminent trainers from the institute as well as from industry.
• The institute has latest and modern training centre equipped with Audio, visual power point presentations and modern training aids and fully established NDT & Material testing laboratory.
Courses Offer under the
As per ASNT SNT TC 1A Level II
• Dye Penetrant Testing (PT)
• Magnetic Particle Testing (MPT)
• Ultrasonic Testing (UT)
• Radiography Testing (RT)
Name of Co-ordinator
Prof. Bhargav B. Patel, Asst Prof. Mechanical Department.
Prof. Hardik B. Nayak, Asst Prof. Mechanical Department.
Prof. Gaurang K. Champaneri, Asst Prof. Mechanical Department.