“Education is not received, It is achieved” With this motto Electrical Engineering Department has been established in year 2010 with the vision to convey practical knowledge in co-ordination with various Electrical industries & Power sector companies. Department is persistently committed to enhance technical knowledge along with ethical values of the students to make them ready for the competitive world. With highly qualified & experienced faculties department has consistently tried to update itself for the constantly changing industrial needs, skills and challenges emerging out of new research also ensuring the best academic results from the students. Department is well equipped with 18 laboratories namely Elements of Electrical Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Workshop, Electrical Circuit Analysis, Electrical Machines (DC Machines & Transformer, AC Machines), Analog Electronics and Digital Electronics, Power System Protection, Control System Theory, Power Electronics, Electronic Measurement and Measuring Instruments ,High Voltage Engineering, Elements of Electrical Design & Engineering Machine Design, Microprocessor and Microcontroller ,Advanced Power Electronics ,Advanced Power System ,Interconnected Power System ,Industrial Instrumentation ,Computer Lab, Project Lab. All the laboratories are well equipped with latest instruments & equipments which are updated on regular basis which leads students to realize theory aspects intensely.
To establish a holistic teaching-learning ecosystem with a vision to create competent Electrical technocrats with ethical values contributing for sustainable growth of society and the nation.
- To ensure effective and efficient teaching methods with technical excellence for sound fundamentals.
- To impart technical skill through effective practical work and Vocational Training.
- To use modern tools and technology for better correlation of theory with practices.
- To develop creative, dynamic technocrats and entrepreneurs.
- Engineering knowledgeApply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysisIdentify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutionsDesign solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problemsUse research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usageCreate, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and societyApply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- CommunicationCommunicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and financeDemonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learningRecognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Programme Educational Objectives(PEO)
- To be able to solve complex electrical problems by acquiring good practical knowledge with modern tools and technology in the field of electrical engineering and be able to use electrical measuring instruments, components, equipments covered in curricular effectively and safely.
- To be able to apply academic knowledge and principal in real world ethically, formulate the observed phenomena.
- To be competent by mastering practical based technical knowledge of various electrical engineering fields along with communication skills to face and succeed in competitive entrance exams.
- To show good attitude and work ethics and lead by example. They are expected in making a good work environment by showing good team work skills. Understand and operate modern electrical system and satisfy need of profession.
- To develop skill and competency to become good service & product provider entrepreneur and exhibit good moral with ethical values and work towards betterment of society and be aware of social responsibilities.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSO)
- Learn and adopt new technological changes taken place in international market to create a new career path as an entrepreneur.
- Describe, analyse, implement and test on different electrical equipment utilized in power generation, power transmission and distribution system.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility with effective communication.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments as well as to analyse and interpret data for final production methods.
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve realistic electrical problems in operation of electrical (multi disciplinary) machines, equipments and components.
- Electrical Engineering Department, RNGPIT has signed M.O.U. with CONTROL AND SOLUTIONS (I) PVT.LTD. Mumbai in regards to the licensing of valuable copyrighted software, Wonderware InduSoft Web Studio for SCADA System Development.1. Electrical Engineering Department, RNGPIT has signed M.O.U. with CONTROL AND SOLUTIONS (I) PVT.LTD. Mumbai in regards to the licensing of valuable copyrighted software, Wonderware InduSoft Web Studio for SCADA System Development.
- Electrical Engineering Department, RNGPIT has signed M.O.U. with Dishachi Solar Training Institute, Surat for training of PV Solar Plant Installation Program.
- Electrical Engineering Department, RNGPIT has signed M.O.U. with E-yantra Lab, IIT Bombay for training of Robotics and Controller.
- Electrical Engineering Department, RNGPIT has signed M.O.U. with NCVT, Surat for training of Industrial Automation- PLC, SCAD HMI Program.
- Electrical Engineering Department, RNGPIT has signed M.O.U. with ACDC, Surat for hands on workshop & training of electrical & electronics practice.
Hello, How may I assist you today?
Kindly choose from one of the following categories to get started.
For Student / Parents
R. N. G. Patel Institute of Technology
Bardoli – Navsari Road,
At: Isroli (Tajpore ) PO : Afwa
Tal : Bardoli – 394620
State : Gujarat
+91 9512900457, +91 9512900458