Chemical EngineeringNBA Accredited
Chemical Engineering Department has been established since 2010 with a vision of providing quality engineers to fulfill the need of industries in forth coming days. It is well enriched with qualified and dynamic faculties. The department has developed good quality laboratories for Instrumentation and Process Control, CHEMCAD, Chemical Reaction Engineering, Mass Transfer, Mechanical Operation, Petroleum Refining and Petrochemicals, Process Heat Transfer, Fluid Flow Operation, Advance Separation Techniques, Chemistry and Pollution Control Safety. The department is working with a mission of imparting not only sound technical knowledge but also skills in problem solving and team working.
Chemical Engineering Department has been recognized as Schedule-I Environmental Auditor by Gujarat Pollution Control Board and is carrying out Environmental audit work of various chemical industries. The department of Chemical Engineering is an energetic and active department with young and enthusiastic academic staff. The dedicated staff-members keep themselves updated about the latest developments in their area of interest, beyond the curriculum. The expert lectures for contents beyond the curriculum are frequently organized by the department. The faculties provide guidance to the students for their academic and career development. The department is working for sound technical knowledge, practical skill, problem solving aptitude, leadership abilities, team work, ethical values and inclination towards the society.
To create a holistic teaching-learning ecosystem with a vision to develop technically sound, efficient, effective, ethical and socially responsible dynamic chemical engineers with built in leadership abilities for the nation.
- To ensure effective and efficient teaching methods for sound fundamentals.
- To impart technical skill through effective practical work and Vocational training.
- To use modern instruments and softwares for better correlation of theory with practices.
- To develop creative, dynamic technocrats and leaders.
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Programme Educational Objective
- To develop innovative skills and abilities among students to design application base projects as per global needs, employer’s needs and the need of society.
- To develop competencies and skills in students to become successful entrepreneurs.
- To impart adequate knowledge and provide exposure of emerging edge technology to build effective leadership qualities and team associates.
- To build confidence and motivate them to pursue higher education to build career in Research & Development sector.
Programme Specific Outcomes
will be able to apply basic fundamentals of chemical engineering in
manufacturing and process industries where unit operations and unit
processes are being practiced.
- Graduates will be able to make use of their conversance with modern techniques of computer applications, industrial automation and environmental protection.
Chemical Engineering department has signed MOU with M/s Indigenious Solution Pvt Ltd. Mumbai For CHEM CAD Suite simulation software courses